Living With Dark Circles

5:15:00 PM

We have all dealt with under-eye dark circles. I in particular have severe dark circles. People like me who have hereditary dark circles are always online finding the next remedy or product that will diminish them but sadly those products never work. 

My History with Dark Circles
Ever since I was little my dark circles have been BAD. Growing up I was made fun of because of them. People would say “did you get punched,” “did you sleep,” “do you eat,” and no I didn’t get punched and I do sleep sufficiently and I do eat tons (I feel like I carry a pretty good diet). But anyways comments like that always got under my skin and I always wanted to get rid of them till I got in my 20s and I learned to embrace my under-eye circles. I have tried everything under the sun but they will not go away and lets face it the average person does not have money for laser treatment! I, of course, have many simple tips to help the under-eye area stay hydrated, moisturized, and bright, which I will be talking about here.


(pictures of my dark circles without makeup) 

Here are some tips that help me with my under-eye circles. This will not work on everyone but they are tips that can help improve dark circles for some. Also these tips can be effective right away or over a course of time.

Tip #1: Invest in a corrector & good concealer
This tip is to temporarily HIDE the dark circles! Lets face it who wants to be stared at for looking tired all the time. Before purchasing a concealer find a corrector that will help correct the color of your dark circles. The mistake I have made was not correcting my under-eye area. When I just applied concealer it wouldn’t look right and it would look ashy or gray. I use a salmon color corrector from Bobbi Brown that helps greatly. I would also suggest not applying that much corrector since it can look cakey after a while and make your dark circles look even worse. 

I am the QUEEN of concealers! I have tried every concealer possible for my purplish dark circles and FINALLY I found 2 that work for me. I use the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer which works wonders. It is not a heavy concealer at all and it blends in perfectly with your skin. It gives you that natural look without trying too hard or looking like a cakey mess. I have tried heavier concealers that look way too caked on and obvious. A more natural light weight concealer that you can build (just a little) works best for me. 

I also use the bareMinerals' Correcting Concealer Broad Spectrum, which I have been using it for 2 months now and wow it has given me great results. I find it to be similar to Bobbi Brown’s Creamy Concealer which I love but for a cheaper price tag.





makeup, dark circles




Tip #3: Turmeric Under-Eye Masks
Many years ago I discovered turmeric and it has made a difference! I try to do a turmeric eye mask at least once a week or every two weeks. I mix in a pinch of turmeric power, lemon juice, and buttermilk (make a paste consistency) and apply it to my under eye area (with a cotton ball/pad) for at least 15 minutes. Afterwards I do my normal routine of washing my face. Turmeric does stain so be careful. Your skin might be a little yellow afterwards but make sure to use makeup remover wipes which usually does the job for me.

Turmeric and lemon



Tip #3: Eye Masks
I absolutely LOVE eye-masks. I recently started to use them and I LOVE them because they make my under-eye feel refreshed and hydrated. We all know how the under-eye area can feel droopy and dry sometimes and an eye-mask can help all of that. I also find it to temporarily brighten my dark circles. I use the Global Beauty Vitamin C eye pads and the Global Beauty Collagen eye pads. 





Tip #4: Vitamin C Serum 
I have recently been using a vitamin c serum which helps revive the under eye area! It is so important to keep the area moisturize to prevent fine lines, and flakiness. I find that my dark circles tend to get dry so a vitamin C serum helps moisturize the skin and help me look and feel alive.



Tip #5: Oils! Oils Oils!
I cannot stress this enough but oils have changed my life! If you have the dark circles problems I suggest you buy oils. The best ones for me that I have done extensive research on and work wonders are almond oil, coconut oil, and castor oil. These oils have multiple purposes, for example, helps with fine lines, dryness, hydrates, and fade away dark circles!





Tip #6: Be Confident!
Sometimes I don't want to wear makeup or I don't have time to do masks I just want to go out with a fresh face! And so I have learned to do that over the years. God gave me these dark circles for a reason and I needed to learn how to flaunt them! (lol) Many people would tell me that my dark circles suit my face and that I am too self conscious about what others think and this is true. I started going out without makeup and embracing it and little-by-little I learned to love my dark circles. You have to learn the little things that make up YOU! XOXO, Lilli 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram