Zip Zip Away!

4:04:00 PM


Everyone always wants to do something adventurous...Well at least I do! For my 23rd birthday last year I decided to go zip lining. I wanted to do something different and something FUN other than going to the club till 4am (LOL). I never went zip lining before and I wanted to experience an extreme sport. It was either sky diving or zip lining but my boyfriend was too afraid to do sky diving. The zip lining place I went too had great reviews so I wanted to give it a try! I live in Massachusetts right now and the zip lining place was in New Hampshire, which meant a little road trip! 

(I went to Alpine Adventures, which is one of the best locations to go zip lining in New England)


I recommend going zip lining on a day that it is not too hot or too cold. We went during June and it was the perfect weather. It was 80 and at first it was cloudy and I was afraid it would rain but it turned out to be a very sunny day! (yay) I would also recommend going in the fall time! The view during the fall season are AMAZING and will NOT disappoint at all. I also recommend going during the summer since I did but towards the beginning when it isn't that scorching hot. I am also sure the winter would be beautiful but scary because of all the snow and ice you know.


Another recommendation would be to invest in a GoPro or rent one from the zip lining site you decide on. Luckily the zip lining place I decided to go to had GoPros and I, of course, rented one for the ride! I decided to get the hand held GoPro which I have mixed feelings about. Even though it had a wristlet I still felt insecure like it was going to fall from 98352 feet. They also had an option of having the GoPro placed on your helmet but I wanted more control. I also wanted to record myself LOL. Nonetheless, the videos I took were amazing and will forever be a great memory to keep and show others. 



The zip lining package I got had 5 zip lines and they all required a little bit of physicality. We had to walk through VERY wobbly bridges which was the scariest part of it all. Even though you had a harness it was still scary. Being on top of these big trees and throwing yourself from them was SCARY as well but it gave me an adrenalin rush that I loved.

The instructors were amazing and very helpful along the way and funny! In some of the zip lines I was able to throw myself backwards and also race my boyfriend side by side! On occasions the instructors had to pull me in because I didn't make it all the way LOL!

All in all we went through 5 VERY long zip lines (ranging from 800' to 1600' long), 5 bridges, dual racing zip lines. All of these zip lines were 80' to 200' above the ground! (how crazy) There was actually another package that was more intense and higher above the ground than this one but since this was my first time I went with a more "normal" one. 


(This was the dual racing zip lines where you race someone to the finish line)

It was a GREAT time and something very different from what I usually do on my birthday and I would love to go zip lining many more times in the future. I hope this could be a great idea for you and your friends for an upcoming birthday or celebration :)

XOXO, Lilli 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram